Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pricking Rose

Lotus&lilly floated in my garden,
jasmine crept&sprawled
all over with fragrance.
And Rose Bloomed.

I watered the lotus,lilly&jasmine...
Nurtured and treasured the Rose...
Oh,i failed to sense the thorns.
I thanked the fortune for its beauty..
Never i thanked the lilly,lotus
and jasmine for their duty...

Lustrous rose petals...
Draped my eyes....
Creepers began fading..
Ah,i never knew.
No more jasmine sprawls..
Lotus&Lilly went under...

Muffled rose stood ..
i moved to reach
Ah,the silent thorns
pierced like a needle..
through my soul....

Rose dwells in shadow...
My garden remains barren..
Wish i could cut the plant...
for the piercing wounds...
But the slur & fragrance
shall remain forever....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lilly, lotus and jasmine had only lesser role ....they come and go ..
they dont expect anything....
Rose ... it blooms rarely .. maybe anything sweet comes with painful package ...
the sweet pain .. the memoirs .. is it not tolerable?? ...:)

Scattered Thoughts... said...

what do I say here.. enough of this already discussed in my post :))

Shaan Menon said...

what shud i say..?? i am unable to say anything..!!!

Rajeswari said...

@karmanna :-)

@ST...shall i change the title and post it as Sequel to ST's post?;-)

@SM...why unable to say anything?Dumb struck with barren garden or the beauty of the rose?:D

Catherine Vibert said...

Scrawler you have created a gorgeous and stunning metaphor here. It gave me chills and tears to read. In many ways it reminds me of the 'Cracks of Uncertainty' poem on my blog. I am looking forward to reading your work and am adding a link to my page so I can read your every post.

Rajeswari said...

@Thank You :-)

Margie said...

Very beautiful!!!

Margie