Thursday, December 18, 2008

Another translation from my side(i can guess ST's reaction!)From the malayalam movie Daivathinte Vikruthikal(Meaning God's Pranks)
The poem  unveils  the muse of an Anglo-Indian who had to leave his home in Kerala to France.

Lifting me from the cryptic sleep of twilit
Thy Gifted me with a dazzling quill of life..
Bestowed a sky for my wings..
Granted a nest in the peak of thou soul.

From where do i inhale your fragrance
Besides the bud&gentle breeze?
Where else i feel a river
where thy fills self with flow of life..
without a drop of shower?
Where else can i see a sky
where you sprawl yourself
with petal of dreams?

When the nightingale wails....
While the light brook fades...
In kindness when a Stone
Turns into a ripen fruit,
When the time slides...
Still..my heart is bind with you
I grope for resort in you..

Can't detach...
Can't detach myself from your heart..
Even when heaven's gesture knocks me.
Deep Peak where i Burn&Blaze
Deep peak where i glaze
In thy soul is my nirvana
Uniting with you is the immortal truth

9 comments:

Traveller said...

God? Friend? Who?

Anonymous said...

very sure a OHT for me :(
i see clearly a child and mother's sketch??
....beautiful scrawler's beautiful poem :)

Vin said...

Scrawler..didnt get a thing..highly cryptic!!
will come in the morning n read with a fresh mind...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaan Menon said...

TG! it didnt sound that cryptic to me....! anyhow.. had to leave this.. as my other comment got deleted!!!

Rajeswari said...

other comment deleted?i suppose my user id & password are used by me only!So...who deleted the comment?or u posted comment while u dreamt?
:)

whats this TG?

For vins and others...they cudnt comprehend anything...coz i forgot to give an intro about this poem/song translation.
Now that i've given..they will be able to catch up.

vinny said...

beautiful!

so much reminds me of "the Light-house keeper of Aspin wall"...towards the end of the story inside the light house..where he reads the poems of his native land, tears well up as he is transported to his childhood..his yearning, his grief...

Scrawler, thanks for sharing ur translation..i wouldnt have come across the malayalam movie:)

Scattered Thoughts... said...

had to read thrice to make sense of it.. that too after knowing that intro/background of the song.. this one is surely OHT but okay cant expect every body to read every thing :)

BTW, TG means thank god.. right Shaan..

Shaan Menon said...

scrawler... TG means... thank god!!!! someone commented it..and i suppsose he/she is right!