Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just for Vinsss

Translation Of The Song Mere Naina Sawan Bhadon
Movie-Mehbooba
Singer-Kishore Kumar
Lyrics-Anand Bakshi

My brimmy eyes with briny drops
yet i flutter for love

Loony heart unwitty of destiny's dice.
Achy lyric sways in my lips..
drives me to a distant...
A rotten episode for me...
yet entity lingers in me..
I throb...

A rusty tale it is..
Withal I brush up you
Monsoon swing still tilts...
Seasons move back&forth
with a hollow solace.
Yet i'm thirsty for love.

Time leaped since we parted
I saw you and time...
Glittering in the sky...
Hope & despair gambles..
Still Cradle heart craves ....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

scrawler!!! chala bhagundadhi :)

Rajeswari said...

Karmannagaru...Dhanyavadulu :)

Anonymous said...

imagination is stronger than knowledge,
myth is more potent than history,
dreams are more powerful than facts,
hope always triumphs over experience,
laughter is the cure for grief, LOVE is stronger than death :)

Vin said...

O M G, Scrawler !!!

this is by far the most beautiful rendition of that raga poetically...invoking the same feelings in me.

u deserve to be in some place, i dont know...maybe again a poetic equivalent of music

Rajeswari said...

@ST..please refer my previous post ..i have cleared ur doubt!

Scattered Thoughts... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scattered Thoughts... said...

hey.. tell me one thing.. do you think it rhymes.. is it just me who thinks like that or the poems should actually rhyme :(

but one thing is for sure, if you dont mention that its translation, no one can even guess :)

BTW, by my comment in vin's post, I meant that we would like your creations better than translations!! sorry if I sounded some other way around..

Rajeswari said...

I welcome your suggestion.Since Vins is fond of this particular song...i thot of refining it.

I agree with you..any creations are better than translations..Translations are just Plagiarism.

In this post..i'm just a Plagiarist! :)

Shaan Menon said...

you may be a plagarist in ur humble words... but.. even for translation.. u need to have the gift of the language.. which u have in loads...!!! Only then..u can translate... more imporatnatly.. u need to appreciate the imagery of the original piece.. then only one can do justice to the translation... you have done it both ways...!!!! keep it up...!