Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tribute

A hidden desire fulfilled!This is a Tribute to my College(Govt Victoria College)where i 'grew'.Thanks to Sawan, the translation which i did for him ,made me to pen these verses.Else the desire would have remained unfulfilled forever...

Victoria!!
You evoke ...
A rapturous feeling..
In me
I was Born in your lap
You adopted this toddler
You fed me with knowledge
Pampered me with love
Nurtured me with wisdom
Inspired me to be brave
You gifted me a life…
Finally you gave me
An identity…forever..
Worthless will be..
this daughter’s dairy..
Devoid of Victoria glorification
Wish ..i should take,,
A rebirth in your throne..
To retribute
for the identity earned
What a pity!
Your Gifts
Can never be returned
How ignoramus I’m?
To retribute for your Greatness!

6 comments:

Anil Sawan said...

i feel like being in the campus again! Suddenly i miss Sir Krishnan Nair Gate, the walls of the victorian building, the physics block where I spent 2 years, the cutlet served in our cafeteria, the festivals, the crowd!

Did u visit the campus lately? they covered English and Commerce blocks with iron grills.. looks like a jail now! why does people destroy the beauty of the building? it looked majestic and now it looks so artificial :-(

Rajeswari said...

Yes! I do visit GVC once or twice in a year!! Even last month..i went there met the teachers..As usual..Parameswaran sir was roaming around..

In Dec 2006 i went to attend GVC reunion.Prior to that..there wasa get-together of our Bcom 97 pass out batch..We presented a lectern to Comm dept,honored the teachers with momento....

btw..that'Cafeteria' doesn't suit here:P It has to be Cutlet served in our 'canteen" or 'sugam" :D

Anil Sawan said...

u know thats what i meant :-)

Anonymous said...

..a Victorian treat :)

vinny said...

hmmm... Victoria is smiling with her head held high !!

Prasanth Moothedath said...

yes.. victoria used to have its head held high...! but now the charm is gone forever..!!! these days.. yu have the watchman.. asking u..who u r.. why u wanna go inside.. etc etc.. and no vrooming bikes.. no cars wizzing past...!

talking of parameswaran sir, the last tme i was there.. he caught me..there on the corridor just outside the maths department.. he quickly remembered me as the son of the teacher in bharathamatha...! to my surprise.. i inturn remembered that i have never told him that my dad is a teacher in bharathamatha... how he remembered or kept the info is still a mystry..!